Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Milles Monument in Wilmington, Delaware - Spring 1997

Beyond the Milles Monument was the railroad underpass and beyond that the walk along the waterfront. 

I went to see the Milles monument, which was down the street -




The cabin was saved from demolition - it is a Swedish Log Cabin

beyond the Railroad tracks, which go right by the cemetery - a little underpass - took some snapshots by the water there - back again - & one time I had instant breakfast at the center & the next started to walk farther then found a silver bracelet beside the monument - I love you written on it - not engraved, three times, past of the silver - so I came back & left it at the center - then I went on - and also there was a couple who came - a Norwegian couple - the lady with the dress was asking where the shuttle from the hotel had come from - she was going to let them see the cemetery & I showed them to flyer that they sent me when I wrote - she asked to copy it - so they had their own cemetery tour guide.

It was part of my travel plan to visit the Swedish historical places along the waterfront at Wilmington.  At the Milles Monument I tried to take lots of snapshots of it, it was so very nice.

No comments: