Monday, May 13, 2013

Nice Weather Saturday On The Waterfront

Saturday at the Main Library I saw a front page article about the remodeling work done at the Maritime History Museum.  My plans included going that way, anyway, so I walked down past the Old City Hall to Schuster Parkway and to the Museum.  An unstable brick wall all along the front had been taken down and replaced with a beautiful glass window. 

At a small laptop with a large digital camera on a tripod, a photo booth feature was set up.  I chose a nice dark pea coat and a storm hat and they sent my photo to my email and included it on their Facebook Page.  This all reminds me of clocks and weather instruments - I think they had clear weather and stormy weather captains who came out little doors according to the moisture or the high or low pressure readings. 

The great displays included lots of really large format photos. 

I searched along the street when I had seen the museum to find the bus stop for the routes that go from the Dome Station to Downtown and on.  Waited on the esplanade where an egret flew along, beautiful.

No comments: