Thursday, May 23, 2013

Notes: On the Train to Wilmington Delaware - Spring 1997

According to my notes, a workshop at the AWP in Washington, D.C., had been about challenging the students with harsh criticism, that shame has a strong impact.  How my Amtrak ride, which began in Tacoma, was sometimes a little dizzy with motion and dreams.

At the station just now the baggage check person told me I could catch this earlier train - so I am going an hour ahead of time - I asked the person who took my ticket about my ticket - and I guess it is ok.

I dreamed I was waking up in some man's arms & realized I was in love with some woman -
Not awake at all - I asked the ticket taker very anxiously about my ticket - this is not my train


Walked from the station - and then past a sculpture of granite house walls & uphill to Holiday Inn.


At the Kalmar Nyckel Shipyard, 1997

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a story in this trip.