Tuesday, January 26, 2016

At the Democrats' Meeting

Bag made from t-shirt
A few years back I looked for the pirate bean recipe because I remembered it from the Sunday Buffet at Steve’s Gay Nineties, where my folks brought us once in a while.   Steve’s decorated with memorabilia from the 1890s and the booths in the dining room had buggy wheels.  I saw these in photos while searching for the pirate bean recipe.  Steve’s, which was in the business district in South Tacoma, had its own cable car.

Yesterday evening I brought the Caribbean Pirate Bean recipe and a few cookies to a chili event.   Today I found that another person posted photos from the event, which was the Democrats’ Meeting, where RepresentativeDerek Kilmer spoke, and there I am, I think holding my little cell phone.  I had not realized the chili event was some sort of Contest.  It seems I apparently have won the equivalent of the Yellow (or bronze) Ribbon for my (now) Prize Winning Pirate Beans Recipe.
A representative of Plastic Ain’t Tacoma’s Bag handed out Pledge Cards and free Bags made out of t-shirts at the event.  This morning I followed the pattern on the card and turned a grubby t-shirt into a bag.  The video show cutting off the seams.  Perhaps that is differently hygienic than holding on the the seams as you cut, to me holding on to the seams would increase endurance.

No comments: