Thursday, April 16, 2015

Father WIlliam Bichsel at Wright's Park, June 1990

Recently Father William Bichsel died.   My post today includes a photo of Father William Bichsel, which I wanted to share at the remembrance site at the Guadelupe House.  The photo reminds me of how Father Bichsel often was at Wright’s Park twenty-five years ago.  He sat at benches to counsel people, he walked there at the park.   The  overgrowth, with an upper pond clog,  challenged park maintenance.  Some very tall old trees in the 1990s fell in storms.  That drama was intense, and is remembered.  The rehabilitated park is beautiful and ornamental.   Now it challenges park maintenance. 



The photo of Father William Bichsel was taken the day after I returned from my trip to Denmark, Sweden, and Finland; I lived two blocks from Wright’s Park and early the day after I returned in an airporter, I walked to the park and happened to find Father William Bichsel there.
Laura Jensen 1990

 So he took my photograph for me, and I took a photo of him.  I got a snapshot of some flowers at the park, and the roll of film was complete. 

No comments: