Friday, March 27, 2015

Linnea Gord, Nineteen-Year-Old Piano Accompanist, Diary - July 30th, 1930

WEDNESDAY, JULY 30TH, 1930 - HELSINGFORS 

Arrived at this big metropolis at about 8 o'clock.  Went directly across the square to the Hotel Fennia, where we engaged a room.  Feeling rather hungry, we went to the Elanto Cafe for breakfast, after which we went shopping.  I bought a pair of shoes (Oh! how I hate Finnish shoes) four American magazines (mostly Photoplays) some fruit and cookies.  I forget what Auntie bought.  Then we went to our hotel room, where I tried on my shoes, read my magazines and ate my fruit and cookies, while Auntie slept.
 
Later in the afternoon we went for a walk around Helsingfors.  I like that city.  It is so big and historic looking.  We bought some post cards to send to the boys.  But we went to bed unusually early, as we were tired, and the beds looked so nice and soft and inviting.
 
Linnea Gord and her Aunt Marie Malm went to Sweden next, to visit Linnea Gord's father's family. 

No comments: