Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Visit to A Brother of Johanna Malm

Koppar Janne
 FRIDAY, JULY 25TH, 1930 – MALAX    -    I just did some drawing today and loafed around in the afternoon.  In the evening a traveler who was staying at Malms took the four boys and me for a ride in his car to Åminneborg.  I drove the car there and back, which was some feat for me.  Down at the water we threw rocks – the boys called it “casting filbunkar” and “smorgåsar”.  Bror picked me up also and pretended he was going to throw me in the water.  When we arrived at home we got some limonad and drank it and talked blue streaks – after which we went to our bunks.

SATURDAY, JULY 26TH, 1930    -    Today Auntie and I went to Åminne to visit Grandma's brother.  We only expected to stay a little while, but it was 6 o'clock before we came home.  There wasn't much to do there, but I amused myself by playing the organ and talking to Paul when he came along in the truck.  I tease him now by calling him “Kulneff” because he hasn't shaved for a few days.
Visit to Grandma's Brother

At about 7 o'clock the boys and I went swimming in the river, and did we have sport!  Helge came over later in the evening and the boys and I went to Åminne for a drive.  We didn't stay there long, however, but yet it was 1:30 before I got to bed.  We sat around in the kitchen and talked. 

No comments: