Saturday, May 6, 2017

Song Translation Events - 2002 and Now

In my previous post, April 26, 2017, in which I considered events of August, 2002, I discussed a picnic with relatives and the time separately in which I played two 1960 records loud on the turntable and made a recording of them on the tape recorder.  The music also was a part of the yearly Swedish hymn translation of pieces familiar to the original Swedish people at the early version of First Lutheran Church.

At that time the church planned ahead to a 125th anniversary celebration and there was a yearly hymn performed by the choir in Swedish.  The first hymn was Hela världen frödes Herran – my name was credited as translator (see photo).  I had worked on Song Translations since 1989 and to be able to participate in the church anniversary, even though I attend only part-time, was heartening.  
 
A video in March celebrated the tenth anniversary of my blog, Spice Drawer Mouse.  This video is posted at Facebook.
 
Another video slideshow presented two songs from one of the two 1960 records that I played loud on the turntable to record back in 2002.

No comments: