Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Some of the events of August 2017

I saw a car pass over a raccoon.  This was among some diary entries in August 2002, fifteen years ago,  it was dark, or not dark but still early morning.   I had delivered papers every morning since spring of 1999 so  raccoons were out when I was.  The raccoon was on the road, lying down and trying to raise up. 

The Raccoon had the car pass right over him, then he got up and went to the other side from me, without a limp, and headed to a yard between houses where he could recuperate and then go home, probably to the gulch.

It was on a Thursday.  Relatives arrived from California at the weekend, there was a picnic on Vashon Island at Dockton County Park, there is a photograph with two or three tiers of relatives lined up with some trees behind. 

Two weekends later, on a Saturday and Sunday I locate the sessions I found time for with the stereo and the tape recorder, to play the 1960 records by the Tacoma Runeberg Chorus really loud and make a recording of them.

Then I began a yearly Swedish hymn translation of pieces I am convinced were familiar to the original Swedish people at the early versions of First Lutheran Church.  At the end of August 2017, I brought in a first hymn. 

And it was years later that a tape got transferred to the computer.  And recently I located a site on the internet that would turn it into the version that the slideshow app could use as audio.

So the 1962 Runeberg Lodge record become shared has had a slow background.  I was able to share one of the songs on a slideshow on Earth Day 2017.

No comments: