Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Part Two: Sunday At The Seattle Center January 13, 2013

I remember the 1962 World's Fair and can place myself there in little memories - looking out the elevator window on the way up to the Space Needle observation deck, seeing the Space Needle from the car in the distance, along a road from the old highway, between some trees appeared the Space Needle. And only a few more brief visual recollections. I would enter eighth grade in the fall. My camera found a few other memories.

Perhaps Stanley Ann Obama have noticed the Seattle High School Memorial Wall for alumni who died in World War Two? My camera found a corner of the wall as I looked through my photos.   On the wall top is some sort of scaffolding.

Seattle High School Memorial Stadium - on the wall is written

Youth hold high your Torch of truth, justice, and tolerance
lest their sacrifice be forgotten  (below are listed the names from World War Two).  The Memorial Wall was near the Hawaii Pavilion.                                                    
                                                                                                                 
Below, the Memorial Wall, Above, the Memorial Wall 2013 and 1962

The Kobe Bell Pavilion appears to be where it was in 1962.  This was near the International Fountain.
The Kobe Bell Pavilion, 1962 and 2013

At the center, along with the Peace Garden near 133 Nob Hill, was a Poetry Garden near the row of international shops. On this row behind my sister and my friend who went with us my camera found an Arizona Information Booth, there was an Italy shop where I bought a mosaic bracelet. Near the Poetry Garden is a mosaic art piece in a wall. Well, Peace.
The Mosaic Bracelet I bought at the Italy Shop in 1962

No comments: