Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Morning in March, I Refer To An Earlier Essay At Salt River Review


Saturday morning, early March, and at the Union Avenue and 6th Avenue Bus Stop this morning a generous cel phone user found a phone number on the tag of a dog who was hanging around in a friendly way. As he loaded on his bike and we three riders got on the bus, her owner had appeared in the alley and was guiding her along back home.



I have wanted to make a correction - in an earlier post about University Village, before the 1950s a Japanese produce farm, I referred to my source as Sustainable Seattle – the title is actually Jaffrey C. Sanders' Seattle And The Roots of Urban Sustainability: Inventing Ectopia.



My snapshots of the viaduct were from 2010, when I had visited to do research at the University of Washington Special Collections. One reason I had taken snapshots of the University Village and the viaduct from there to the University Campus was that an essay I published on-line at Salt River Review included the viaduct.

No comments: