Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Garden In Mid July

Last of peas
 About three months ago I began some flowers and vegetables in the garden area of the building where I live.  Today I took out the pea plants that I bought at Tacoma Boys, and pulled off the last of the peas.
Some pea vines

Others from the building had done this earlier, their variety was the kind that had edible pods.


Today I noticed, as well, the small trees and plants the library added where some evergreen shrubs had been for a number of years.
Maybe a week ago

small tree

plant

1 comment:

Oona said...

Your peas (and, is that chard in front of it?) are impressive. I am stymied by pea-growing, having suffered crop failures for three years running and having given up. I now concentrate on beans, which have been hardier for me. It is lovely to see the vigorous crop in your picture!

Plants around public buildings often have to be nearly impervious to abuse. It is a particular gift to have a knowledgeable arborist on staff to choose interesting and not always usual species.