Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Word "Former"

In Captain January (1936) is the word Former.  I am not at Scandinavian Immigrant Experience Archives right now, in changing the Volunteer Job listing at Facebook, I put in Former Volunteer, now I see there is a lot of Baggage to the word Former.  I believe at some point I will do more of the volunteer work.  Now I have deleted the reference.

One photo in this article shows the Truant Officer in Captain January "momentarily victorious" as Star is taken away from Captain January. 

Different scene the Truant Officer and the younger Teacher: She’s the adopted daughter of Captain January. Isn’t she a pretty thing?
Does she go to school?
Well, no. You see, the former truant officer wasn’t very strict.
I know, that’s why she’s the former truant officer. You school teachers will find me strict enough.

Can my listing as a Former Volunteer (now deleted) at Facebook refer subconsciously to the similarity of volunteer work that referenced my own context?

No comments: