Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Wheelock Library Sale - Later in the Afternoon



The weather is cool although it is sunny and nice.  After I walked downtown to buy two ears of corn at the downtown market, I wanted to take the opportunity that came up to get a bus right away to Wheelock Library.  I wanted to see if there were any old books on sale there.  The bus went through old town and I visited the Round Bank at Proctor before I went to the Library.

They did have one older book I saw, a Music Song Book of Stephen Foster, printed in 1946 and a gift in 1969.  The presence of a past where I once lived nearby me usually reminds me that the past is to be remembered in art. 

Usually the books up for sale at the libraries all the time remind me that, while times change, the books remain useful and tactilely perfect items, objects to admire and to read.  In the 1960s there were no tables of books for sale at the library.  I think it was over twenty years ago that they last sold older books. 

No comments: