Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Clue to Hamlet Emerges

In previous posts the ticket to Hamlet, Electronovision, 1964, and my fragment of remembrance of the occasion brought me to read the book about the play with Richard Burton that became a Theatrofilm for over a thousand movie theaters in September, 1964, for two days with four performances only.  In old letters I found a reference on a postcard (of Elsinor) to high school and Hamlet - the postcard, recreated here as a posterized replica,
Posterized replica of postcard I received in 1966
was from a high school friend who was in Scandinavia.  In the message she mentioned the teacher from Composition Literature, and the message specifically that Hamlet should remind me of her.  Perhaps I can query her or others from my high school who might remember Hamlet.

No comments: