Saturday, March 30, 2013

Memorial Service for Governor Booth Gardner

I recreated an interesting pin like one I saw at the Booth Gardner Memorial Service this morning. There must have been a resource of pins like this from the Booth Gardner elections. Several attenders or ushers or greeters wore these.

The service was presented beautifully. The music was very good.  It was at University of Puget Sound Field House.  Booth Gardner had gone to the University of Washington, as I am sure many others at the memorial had, and as I had. 

I remembered going to the Governor’s Writers Day in 1986, as a Washington Author,  my book Shelter had been published by Dragon Gate in 1985.   I was with my publisher Gwen Head that day.  And with others.  After the ceremony in the outdoors - and I think a photo was taken of all the Washington Authors -we were invited to go into the Governor’s Mansion to see it, a small group of us walked along the approach to the mansion, and inside the mansion we admired the beautiful historic old rooms.  The governor was Booth Gardner then. 

No comments: