Friday, August 3, 2012

Notifed The Library Desk that the Two Cars Were Towed

I watched tow trucks drive away a red lancer and gray sonata  from corner of South 11th and Tacoma Avenue, up 11th Street with a police car following.   There had been three fire department vehicles and an ambulance.  When I brought a book in for return at the library desk I mentioned this to them and I asked how long ago it had been, the library employee said they noticed it about ten minutes before. 

I think they only get notified about what happens at their corner if the library visitors bother to alert them. 

Sometimes there are emergency trucks in front of the county city building.  I hesitated and hesitated to make sure it was permitted  to keep walking ahead to the end of the block where the activity was.  As I passed a mom with three kids, two who stood and one in a little stroller, who was loading them into her car, a girl hurried in the opposite direction.  The mom said she was rude to pass them too quickly.  I could only think of saying,  We really try. 

No comments: