Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bus and Light Rail to Seattle

This morning after almost two hours at Swedish Finn Historical Society I went to look at the Eagles Auditorium Building downtown then did the Airport Light Rail for the first time.  On the way to the Eagles I was walking under the monorail line from the 1962 Seattle World's Fair, it ran along the rail ahead of me. The Light Rail ride was okay, compared to the monorail it is such a long distance.    After the Light Rail the elevator to the Airport Station on Airport Way had windows like the Space Needle elevator. 

 

The Eagles building drew crowds for rock in the 1960's.  Before the Tacoma Reads Together Dashiell Hammett events I checked 1968 newspaper microfilm about the concert I attended there which ended with a Maltese Falcon screening.  The eagles on the façade are finialled by an eagle that seems to be on a staff at the building top.  It was a Halloween Be In with the Youngbloods.   The auditorium, I had learned, has been for a few years the home of ACT Theater. 



No comments: