Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Three October Tranist-Related Events


Pumpkins from Bus Window 1

Yesterday Evening Beneath the Autumn Sugar Maple, a hard poem ever to get to if you are trying to express concern about how many cars create The American Nightmare on the Highway.

"How can we ask people to use alternative transportation if we don't?" (This important observation came from the Candidates Forum on Transportation from October 1- only one candidate could refer to their own applied effort with bike and bus).

From being in the audience for three transit-related events in October, I decided transit should offer classes in how to use all kinds of alternative transportation methods, even boating, they should do away with classes like Driver Training that has taught students to believe in nothing but cars.

At the Downtown Tacoma and the earlier Gig Harbor Pierce Transit Workshops - Pierce Transit Tomorrow , the points I wrote down on the Keep / Change forms were related to the idea of applied effort.

Pumpkins from Bus Window 2
I wrote that Pierce Transit should link with psychologists/ psychiatrists who apply an effort to use alternative means of transportation including public transit so that transit users who need their services can find professionals who understand public transportation at a user level.


When they design transit centers PT should link with architects and planners who use public transportation . PT should link with media representatives who apply an effort to use alternative means of transportation including public transit so that the reporters can tell the PT story in the news accurately.

Along the walk to the workshop in my neighborhood, I met three small dogs and two women I know. The dogs started to bark at me to defend them. I myself had to admit it was important if I had been a danger to these people these dogs would have scared me away very well. Actually more riders bring along companion animals now. Onward and forward.
Candidates' Forum on Transportation, October 1, Pierce Transit Workshops – Pierce Transit Tomorrow (Gig Harbor, Downtown Tacoma)

No comments: