Sunday, January 18, 2015

July 12th, 1930 Concert With Blanche Johnson, Choir Tour Soloist

SATURDAY, JULY 12th, 1930 - Vörå             Had coffee in bed this morning.  SOME CLASS!
Blanche went to Vasa today, so I had to amuse myself with various things.  I played with the children, went picking flowers, chasing butterflies, and I also practiced all by myself.
Concert at Koskeby
The concert that evening was scheduled to start at eight o'clock, but it was right in the haying season, and nobody came until about 8:30 or 9.  We started the program at 10 o'clock.  Inasmuch as Arnold didn't come, I had to play two piano solos.  Blanche and I each had a beautiful corsage which she had gotten in Vasa.  Gee!  But they were pretty.  After the program we also had to supply the dance music.  (Darn Arnold!)  It was quite a bit of fun except that the people were too bashful to dance where there were Americans.
On the internet on a site that describes ungdomsforenings in Finland there is this explanation:
Koskeby uf:s hus från 1912 blev den gemensamma samlingslokalen som idag är Vörå uf.
(According to Google Translation:  Koskeby UF's house from 1912 became the common meeting hall which today is Vörå uf.)

No comments: