Sunday, March 3, 2019

Bike To Venersborg 1998

 
Today was the last day of the two for one sale on Tofu at Safeway.  So I was happy I had taken the bike to the store.  At the end of the month I will be in Portland for Association of Writers and Writers' Programs Annual Meeting.  I last attended in 2014 when the meeting was in Seattle.  When I get there, each time, I think about how it matters how you get there, which has been a theme regarding Ecology.  

I attended the Annual Meeting in Portland in 1998, I brought the bike I had then along, my second adult bike since the first adult bike in 1990.  The current bike is the third adult bike.  I noticed I could stay at a bed and breakfast in Vancouver, Washington and visit an Historical Swedish landmark called Venersborg, near Battle Ground.  If I took the C-Tran to Battleground I could ride the bike to Venersborg.  I made contact first with a Venersborg representative.  


I rode an hour and a half to Venersborg.  My ride back was half an hour, downhill.  It was nice enough weather and the scenery was beautiful.  This was the only time I took the bike on the train.  The plans for my trip this month will not include the bike.


No comments: