Saturday, February 9, 2019

Poem From 1978 Chapbook

New Facebook entry - on facebook there are some wonderful photographs of the Dime Store from the poem I had in the chapbook Tapwater - the poem called Kite.  I placed a photo of the poem among Facebook Comments.  

It has been over forty years (1978) since I published this poem in a chapbook called Tapwater. When I got copies I carried one over to the Proctor Ten Cent Store and gave them one, at the counter. There once in a while were errands to their store. The store actually stopped being in business. I do not think anyone could imagine it not being there. That it would be a bicycle shop, wonderful, it was a bike shop where I could take my bicycle in for the check over and for repairs.














Soon I must recognize the time at the computer I share...Maybe I can share the photographs.  The Facebook discussion included many comments about the store, which provided so many great times.

No comments: