Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Certificate from the Sister City at the Sister Cities 60th Anniversary

Souvenir Supplies
Some years back at a Point Defiance Pagoda poetry reading I brought along and displayed my framed certificate from participation with Sister City Ogura, Japan.  People from the audience liked it in the context.  Sam Hamill, who passed away last year, did me the great favor of translation. 

Because I read in Tacoma Weekly that the sister city in Japan, Kitakyushu, is celebrating its 60th year, I thought of including the certificate along with some souvenir art supplies.  My certificate was for child art displayed in the Kitakyushu area of Ogura.  The certificate was on my wall where I did oil painting for five years, until I left for college in 1967. 
Ink Stick From 6th Avenue store
The certificate was for grade school work. 
For a time I tried sumi.  I have souvenir sumi art supplies with me.  The ink stick has beautiful characters on it.  I found the sumi supplies at the art supply store that was across from Jason Lee Junior High School for many years.

Ink Stick, Reverse
The dachsunds are to hold wet brushes.

No comments: