Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Pat Boone and Remembrance For the Loss of his Wife Shirley Boone


I noticed on the internet that after a life-time marriage, Shirley Boone passed away.  Two memorial services include videos of Pat Boone and their four daughters.  I am so sorry he and his family have lost Shirley Boone.  They stood for a kind warmth in the music business.

I listened on the internet to The Pat Boone Metal Years cover for Jimmi Hendrix The Wind CriesMary.  In a 1997 treatment of this Pat Boone song there appears a drama about a girl in drug treatement.  In this song Pat Boone excels in his enunciation, the great lyrics are given a clear treatment they well deserve.  Pat Boone has been an excellent singing voice, it has meant a lot to so many people. 

Some years when the fair time comes I remember the 1962 movie State Fair, which included Pat Boone as a farm youth who had an affair with a dancer, Ann Margret.  I wondered, what did the word “trash” mean.   I did come to mind that Mrs. Abel Frake turns the dancer into mincemeat as they all stand at the cyclone fence around the racetrack with Ann Margret eavesdropping.  Mincemeat, Mrs. Frake won a plaque for mincemeat at the fair.

In the realm of political correctness we should remember that language applied to women does continue to demean and trouble us.  Back in 2012 I included the lyrics to Loyalty on my blog, Loyalty, a song from thePat Boone movie Mardi Gras, a duet with Steve Allen that I still like so well.  Loved the Steve Allen Show.  I can link to my Salt River Review prosepoem, Steve Allen.

I am so sorry Pat Boone and his family have lost Shirley Boone. 

No comments: