Friday, July 27, 2018

Diary Returns My Thoughts To The Summer Job From 1968

Fifty Years ago - this Friday, this was my diary entry.  This is the transcription. 
Friday
We are done doing Ajax samples.  What a fine job!
Yesterday the best house I think belonged to the Krafft’s – a long cement walk through thistles and roses, daisies, dandelions and a butterfly going across a leather glove  a collie.
Very good.  No one around.
Today we got a wild route for afternoon.  We had a boundary on the State Game farm & one on Chambers Creek Road.  We went down this one long hilly bumpy driveway in the car – there were these signs Beware Of Dog all along.
We get to the house – the dog comes barking out.  I say, I’m not getting out.  No on your tintype –
Janet gets out.  There’s the lady.  The Dog Bites…
But he didn’t bite Janet fortunately & we beat a hasty retreat.

No comments: