Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Activities With Childhood Art

One Sunday last month after church the sun was bright.  I cleaned off paintings I did mostly in junior high and high school and dried them in the sun.  Remarks from kind residents about this were what motivated me to call for an art studio in the residents' activity room.  Last Friday, after another hardware store effort to solve the mystery of how to hang some of the paintings, I came across some on-sale open frames at an outdoor tent clearance sale at a craft shop.  I had to take the bus back to where I lived for a list of the paintings and their dimensions.  However, back at the craft shop three of the frames did match paintings I had cleaned.  Today I put three paintings up, in open frames that were 5, 4, and 1 dollar at the clearance sale. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you persisted, especially with the bus ride, and got them hung up.

Sharon Bryan