Thursday, February 11, 2016

Conversation Recollects The Bavarian Restaurant Building


February Christmas Wreath

On a walk earlier in the week I asked at Stadium Thriftway about work being done on the rest of their building.  Between Christmas Wreathes and now, the fence surrounded the auto business, the wreath on the auto business continues.  

The upstairs will be a German beer parlor and restaurant, downstairs there probably will be a Starbucks, and she remembered the German Restaurant on Division, The Bavarian.

At The Pacific Northwest Room I learn the building with The Bavarian was Viafore’s Italian Restaurant for forty years, only became The Bavarian in 1959.  Upstairs was Merrick’s Dance Studio.  A publisher took me to lunch at The Bavarian once, and once I stopped by to have a strudel in a Hunting Lodge room with Deer Heads.  Rock and Roll Magic was advertised for the upstairs Dance Studio, and on one of my bicycle rides past on the return from a store,  I heard a party and the song, Have Nagela.

When it became an El Toro, after a time, the building burned, and I took a photo of this difficult event.  The building was a landmark.  

 The building with the Thriftway Store was a Chevrolet Auto Repair Spanish Mission Style building.  Through a window on a far side I saw that from the windows on each side would be a view.  
The Bavarian Destroyed

Spanish Mission Style


No comments: