Sunday, January 17, 2016

Came Across Census Materials 2000

In 1999 I biked to Wheelock Library to test for Census Enumerator for the 2000 Census.  Later I was in an Enumerator Training Session, at Main Library, where I watched the plans appear so Car-Dependent.  That day, at one point, News Tribune photographer Janet Jensen came in to take photos.  As the experience went along, I found I was not continuing with the Enumerator Position, although I had tested to do it.


The project looked car-dependent to me.  The project should be open to alternative transportation, especially Bike Ridership.  Most likely the next presidency will include the 2020 United States Census, the Census is an increasingly challenging project.  Managers of the 2020 Enumerators were directly assuming that the Enumerator would be getting around in a car. Alternative transportation continues to matter very much.  The Enumerator Position should be strategized to employ bike riders.

No comments: