Sunday, May 3, 2015

Diary Of Trip to Denmark, Laura Jensen: At the early morning rainy library to drop ten books in the book slot...

(From the Internet I have used a site to create a posterization from a photo.  The photo was on the Pacific Northwest Room's section of the Tacoma Public Library - I think I could just have shared the photo.  Uncertainty remains, and the content of the photo is The Library, uncertain year.)  This was the McCormick Branch Library for so many years.  Fifty years ago (in 1990, twenty-five years before) I got an application form at the downtown library, completed the form at home, turned the form in at the McCormick Branch Library.  They called me, interviewed me, and accepted me.  I started work in July 1965, and worked twenty hours a week for two years. 

I believe my flight to Denmark left in the afternoon.  When I was on my way to the airport on the trip to Denmark, Sweden, and Finland in 1990, the McCormick Branch Library entered my notes.  It was a different book slot I was accustomed to after just about a year and a half:  the library lists Autumn 1988 as the opening of the McCormick Regional Library.  The 1927 McCormick library became a meeting room.  I looked into the ceiling as I turned off the chandeliers at the end of a day.

Tuesday morning I rose early and took the bus to the early morning rainy library to drop ten books in the book slot...I caught the bus with my luggage, missed one, so I carried it past the park, jay-walked over Division Avenue, and folded my cotton shawl under the awning...

No comments: