Friday, February 27, 2015

Linnea Gord's Diary, July 23rd and July 24th 1930

Auntie went to Narpes.    Click for an earlier blog entry about the visit to relatives.   On July 24, 1930. Linnea Gord writes that her aunt went to Närpes - Photographs Marie Malm took that day were saved by her and by her family.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 23RD, 1930 – MALAX   -   This morning when I woke up I found an enormous box of jordgubbar on the table, and the card on the box said "Många gratulationer på Olga dagen."  They were from Edward Ahlskog on "Olga" day.  He always calls me "Olga" although I've told him  time and time again that my name is "Linnea".
I helped dip, pump and label in the factory in the afternoon while Auntie went visiting.  In the event Arvid came after me and we went to visit Edward Ahlskog.  There we had much to eat and nothing much to do but talk.  But we had a good deal of fun.  We went for a walk and when we came back we proceeded to eat.  That evening we each had candy, three cups of coffee with coffee bread, two dishes of strawberries, and a cup of chocolate.  We didn't get home until around 12, because Edward's sister was bound to show us that she could make chocolate.
THURSDAY, JULY 24TH, 1930 – MALAX    -    Auntie went to Närpes this morning and I didn't do a darn thing all day.  I just sat around and wrote letters.  In the evening we had a soare, as we called it.  The boys came in our room and we just talked and sang, read stories, etc.

No comments: