Monday, October 13, 2014

Saturday and Sunday of History

Saturday and Sunday were Scandinavian days...the church requested the people show photographs of people who had been in weddings at First Lutheran Church.  I wanted to make a copy of the Marriage Return filled out by Pastor Frisk in 1905 regarding my grandparents marriage. (At Proctor I toured the restored Washington Grade School, and that was very nice.  We loved school and it mattered so much, I will always think of myself as a school child.) I planned ahead to make a copy of my grandparents's marriage return, which was on my usb, Saturday morning at Wheelock Library then connect for the Saturday trip to the Nordic Festival. 
A previous exterior window
is preserved on the intereior
The 14 bus connected to the Airporter via Federal Way, where I caught a bus to the Nyholm Windmill and walked to the Junior High School. 

Two photos showed 1954
when my cousin's was married
at First Lutheran Church
On Sunday morning they had a lot of photos of people who had been in weddings - I was a part of my cousin's wedding in 1954.  It was sixty years ago, and sixty years ago that I was in Kindergarten at the grade school. 
 

No comments: