Friday, July 9, 2010

Viacuct from coconuts

Hammer: Come over here, Rand McNally, and I'll explain this thing to you.  Now look, this is a map and diagram of the whole Cocoanut section.   ...  Hammer: ... Now, here is a little peninsula, and, eh,  here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland.  Chico: Why a duck?  Hammer: I'm alright, how are you? I say, here is a little peninsula,  and here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland.  Chico: Alright, why a duck?  Hammer: (pause) I'm not playing "Ask Me Another," I say that's a viaduct.  Chico: Alright! Why a duck? Why that...why a duck? Why a no chicken?  Hammer: Well, I don't know why a no chicken; I'm a stranger here myself. All I know is that it's a viaduct. You try to cross over there a chicken and you'll find out why a duck.  Chico: When I go someplace I just...  Hammer: (interrupts) It's...It's deep water, that's why a duck. It's deep water.  Chico: That's why a duck...  Hammer: Look...look, suppose you were out horseback riding and you came to that stream and you wanted to ford over...You couldn't make it, it's too deep!  Chico: Well, why do you want with a Ford if you gotta horse?  Hammer: Well, I'm sorry the matter ever came up.  All I know is that it's a viaduct.  Chico: Now look, alright, I catch ona why a horse, why a chicken, why a this, why a that... I no catch ona why a duck.  Hammer: I was only fooling...I was only fooling.  They're gonna build a tunnel there in the morning.  Now is that clear to you?  Chico: Yes, everything excepta why a duck. 
Groucho and Chico in The Cocoanuts (movie)

The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail. Get busy.

No comments: