Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On the Way to The Public Transit Open House

We determine ahead of time that we are going to be afraid of some things.

On my way to the Pierce Transit Open House about changes I realized that I have experienced thoughts of going to a meeting with You Tube Carol Burnett shows. I read her book, which is described as rising from audience discussions and from introductions of guest stars, and found I believed it quite a lot. The You Tubes made me think of their cast as a gender balanced Marx Brothers Group. Margaret Dumont was a part of the plot frequently, there must be some influence in Margaret Dumont's dignified personal performance in the company of Groucho.

By the time I reached the event, an Open House about changes, I was thinking about the Marx Brothers and the Carol Burnett You Tube and decided I could not think about the charts and maps presented. One of the videos I saw was No Frills Airline.

Outside on my three block walk to catch a bus it began to rain harder and harder. One huge tree covered over, kept all the rain for part of one sidewalk, I once lived nearby. I waited beneath an overhang of an old-fashioned store that is not currently in business.

One of the You Tubes had a comment, I think I have flown with this airline. I got the bus.

We do determine ahead of time that we are going to be afraid of some things. That might be why slap stick works. Not because we are afraid, and not because the elements of slapstick really would hurt us, but because we have the fear planned out, and unless we can release the stylized fear, we cannot think and plan ahead to manage the experiences that are difficult.



No comments: