Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Glorious Autumn Weather

I visited IKEA today and returned by taking a bus to Kent and then the Sounder Commuter Train to Tacoma. As the train went through Auburn and Sumner and Puyallup, in some areas the countryside can only be called all that is glorious in beauty - the greens and golds of shadows of trees and a field of beautiful plants growing. The fair is a joy to visit, I think of favorites like Grange produce displays, horses, the caged roosters or pigeons. So I have brought along two kinds of rye tack and a box of Anna's Gingersnaps, as well as shopping bags to use as totes. Today I also made a comment at the blog, Sharp Sand, referred to the Tad Bartimus column from Sunday's paper, listed at her web site, Tad Bartimus.com, as "Say So Long To Superwoman". I read a bit of her account of her work as a War Correspondent in Vietnam and found it quite interesting.

No comments: