Saturday, April 26, 2008

At my parents house my mother got a tv when I was in fifth grade, I worked for two years in high school and avoided a lot of tv, and at University of Washington and University of Iowa, I had no tv. My mother thought the child actresses on Little House on the Prairie were really good. A critic pointed out that tv lost a wonderful talent when Michael Landon passed away, because Michael Landon crafted his work to reach audiences with content. A computer screen and tv screen are the same, many tiny lights that create a pattern, Michel Landon was making an effort to carry across walnut trees to his audience against a barrier- according to Jerry Mander the medium portrays a large metal object like a car successfully, while the medium cannot portray a natural place. Partly because of Jerry Mander's Four Arguments For The Elimination of Television I sold a small tv I used for a few years and since then, 1985, I have had no television.

No comments: